Published: March 30, 2017
- Act in the capacity of an eCommerce application software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, test automation support and implementation of software functionalities.
- Estimate engineering automation effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable and are easy to maintain.
- Create and evolve application automation and documentation as required.
- Work with other cross-functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs.
- Find and help fix bugs and stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment.
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues.
- 3+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis.
- 2-3 years of Java and Object Oriented Programming expertise, must be familiar with industry best practices.
- SAP hybris technical certifications a plus.
- Experience with the complete software development lifecycle.
- Java architectures and design patterns (EJB, JMS, JSP, and Java Servlets) JDBC, SQL, RDBMSs and Java frameworks (Struts, Spring, and Hibernate).
- Experience using JSTL, JSP Tag libraries, PHP, MySQL, jQuery, AJAX, XHTML, XML, JSON Knowledge of web design and development using application server knowledge (preferably Tomcat).
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the attitude of automating the solution.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and cross functional teams.
- Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting.
- Experience developing large-scale 24/7 eCommerce and/or websites.
- Exposure to the fundamentals of responsive application design.
- Experience with Agile methodology in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Familiarity with software development best practices include including coding standards, code reviews, test automation, and operations.
- Exposure to working in a retail industry.
- Exposure to continuous integration/delivery/deployment.
- Experience working directly with non-IT business partners.
- Experience working with Source control platforms (Subversion).