Are you looking for more flexibility and less over night travel? This is a great opportunity to work for a successful and stable engineering firm in the Bridgewater, NJ area. Travel varies but typically about 10% overnight travel as most of our customers are local. Company car and flex time are some of the perks with this job!
You will be a technical lead of control system projects. This position requires hands-on skills to implement, coordinate, manage installation, startup and close out a project from order to final turnover. Additional skills include some panel layout, programming modifications, ability to work collaboratively, manage project schedules, and coordinate closely with the work of engineers in related disciplines. Field support of PLC projects will be required both locally and out of town.
• Assist design and development of control systems including panel design with our team
• Assist Development of PLC and HMI code for projects
• Assemble submittal packages and other deliverables
• Perform field project management for multiple projects
• Author FAT and SAT procedures, User Guides and other technical documents
• Work with management to schedule project tasks and goals to meet schedule
• Hands on startup and maintenance of PLC systems
• Hands on working with process instrumentation (e.g. pressure, level, temperature sensors)
• BS in Computer Science/ Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
• 5+ years of relevant control system engineering and industrial PLC experience
• Ability to debug control systems developed by others, including legacy systems
• 3+ years project experience • Proficient in a variety of PLC/HMI systems including Rockwell, Siemens
• Background in an instrumentation/HVAC control environment strongly preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with industrial Ethernet networks for industrial automation, in both fiber and copper.
• Electromechanical background and understanding of Inputs, outputs, and feedback controls systems.